GENERAL INFORMATION ON SAFARIS
- All prices are quoted in US$ unless if otherwise indicated.
- All the road safaris are guaranteed for a minimum of 02 persons travelling. All road safaris are Exclusive for each Tour Operator clients. Each minibus carries a maximum of 08 passengers. However, to ensure each client has a window seat with access to the roof hatch for enhanced game viewing / photography, a maximum occupancy that is normally found and recommended during a safari is 06 passengers per vehicle.
- In all the programmes where the game drives & air strip transfers are provided for by a Lodge/Camp, this service is undertaken on a non-exclusive (per seat-in-car) basis, usually in a 4×4 vehicle with services of an English speaking driver/guide.
- Quotations are based on Current Kenya National Park entrance fees as at September 01st, 2022.
Should these change in due course of year 2022 or in the year 2023, we will advise accordingly and onpass any supplements for the Park Fees increases
- Transportation: transfers in the cities, inter-cities and road safaris transportation are provided for in a custom built 08-seater safari minibuses (07 window seats). The vehicles have pop-up roof hatches for enhanced game viewing and photography. With services of an English speaking driver/guide.
Safari microbus. Safari 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser
At a supplement cost, a 4×4 safari land cruiser (07 window seats) can be provided on Kenya sector over the quoted Safari microbús. Please always specify at the time of quotation request / booking your clients preference. The Supplement for use of a 4×4 land cruiser over microbus will be advised separately upon request to enable you work up your clients budget.
- A professional Multi-lingual tour escort (courier) can be provided on request for safaris. However, this will be at a supplement cost available on request upon a firm booking.
- Where a program includes scheduled flights, these local & regional flights between Parks and cities are provided on small aircrafts in both Kenya and Tanzania with a maximum baggage allowance of 15 Kgs per person (preferably in soft bags not hard cases). Excess baggage is charged at the prevailing freight rate and its strictly subject to space availability. On some sectors with multiple airstrips in one Park/Reserve or along the same route, same aircraft is utilised to drop clients to other Lodges/Camps en-route. Similarly, on return leg the aircraft does pick clients from the other Lodges/Camps en-route. Although the standard schedule timing is strictly observed, the flight can be re-routed to start dropping at other airstrips dependant on where most clients on that flight are destined. This is however at the discretion of the carrier airline and client are briefed prior to take of
- In East Africa, Hotels, Lodges and Tented Camps only guarantee use of rooms after 12.00 hours (pm) on the day of arrival. Prior to this time, room occupancy is subject to availability.
- Use of room is limited up to 10.00 hrs (am) in all Hotels, Lodges and Tented Camps, unless prior arrangements are made with the reception for a day room or for an extension of check-out timings.
- In Aberdares & Mount Kenya National Parks, game viewing is normally done from the Tree Lodges precincts/roundavels, where animals are seen at the adjacent water holes. Salient game drives can be arranged in Aberdares on clients request and at an additional cost.
- In the following Tree Lodges in Abedares and Mount Kenya National park, the minimum ages for Chidren allowed to the Lodge are as follows. Ark Lodge, minimum age 07 years unless for special chidren night out. Treetops Lodge, miminum age 05 years while the Serena Mountain Lodge Minimum age 03 years. This is due to close proximity of game viewing from the Lodges precicts that scare the little Children and they get uncormfortable. For Parents with Children under the prescribed limit, they overnight at the Base Hotels, Outspans Hotel for Treetops and Abedares Country Club for the Ark Lodge. It is imperative to note too that at both Treetops Lodge and the Ark Lodge, only small overnight bags are allowed, the rest of baggage are storred at the respective base Hotels; Outspans Hotel for Treetops and Aberdares Country Club for the Ark Lodge.
- The following services are not usually included on the safari prices: visas fees, airport taxes for international departures, gratuities and tips, laundry, drinks-unless those and where advised per itinerary (apart from treated drinking water available in some rooms) and any other item not specified in the itinerary.
- The standard child policy in properties in East Africa is that: children aged 02 to 12 years pays 50% of adult rates in accommodation & park entrance fees when sharing a room with 02 full paying adults (i.e in 3rd bed). Should the child under 12 years share own room or with 01 adult, full adult rate will apply for accommodation, nevertheless, the under 12 years still get a child discount on park entrance fees. At some exclusive camps, children under 12 years are not permitted and can only be allowed at the camps management discretion. Where this is the case, this is advised on the itinerary costing as a notation.
- When an itinerary includes a night in Nairobi, this can be taken either on the first day or on the last day, whichever is more suitable to the clients’ flight schedules. On the Safaris,
- During the Festive seasons (Easter, Christmas/New year), when there is extra ordinally high demand for accommodation, some Hotels/Lodges do charge supplements over and above the normal season rates. The actual dates & supplement charged do vary per property. Usually Christmas & New Year Supplements are applicable from Dec 20th to January 5th . of the preceding year. Easter Supplements are also applicable over the Easter weekend (April 07th to April 10th, 2023), Where applicable, these supplements are indicated separately under tha basic program cost for each itinerary. These should be charged over and above the normal season prices for the specific dates indicated.
- The timings for game viewing drives in the various National Parks, Reserves & Ranches are dependant on the hours of light and also the time of clients arrival/departure to/from the night stop. The number of game drives in a night stop is specified as per the itinerary. The standard times for game drives are however as follows: Either a dawn game drive: between 0630 hrs – 0830 hrs or a morning game drive: Between 0730 hrs – 0930 hrs and a late afternoon game viewing drive: between 16:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs. Some Lodges/camps may provide a mid-morning game drive: between 10:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs or an alternative of applicable local activities, these are indicated on the itineraries where applicable. Provisions for “short game drive en-route” are offered when there is no sufficient time to do a full game viewing drive as defined above. This can be either due to an early departure requirement or late arrival owing to a long drive to the next night stop or from last night stop respectively.
- AMREF’S temporary cover for emergency medical evacuation is included which entitles the client to an emergency evacuation to Nairobi in the event of a medical emergency (treatment is NOT included). This covers a radius of 500Km from Nairobi for 14 days.
- Customer care: We provide 24 hrs / 7 days a week customer care for our clients.
- Standard Terms and Conditions of services as per our contract shall apply, available upon request / appended on the last page of this document.